55 Public Square (formerly known as the Illuminating Building, after the Illuminating Company, the building's primary tenant)
is a 22-story skyscraper located at number 55 Public Square, the town square of downtown Cleveland, OH.
It is 300 feet (91 m) tall, was completed in 1958, and was the first new skyscraper built in Cleveland since the Terminal Tower
complex was completed in 1930. It was also the first tall International Style building in the city and the first to use a
reinforced concrete frame.
We did work in this building in the mid 1990's
to learn more about this building.